What’s on the menu at longwood’s newest restaurant?

A popular Longwood restaurant, the 4th Avenue delicatessens, has reopened after nearly a year in a state of flux.

The restaurant reopened on Wednesday night after a five-month closure due to a “critical incident” involving the roof of the building.

“It’s not like anything we’ve ever done before,” chef Nick MacKay told News.

Com.au.

“We’re pretty fortunate and grateful that we’re able to get back to where we want to be.”

The closure forced staff to move to another location.

MacKay said he was looking forward to “putting in more hours” with the restaurant and being able to do “a little bit more”.

“We’ve had a couple of people in here that have gone back to work, and it’s been a little bit of a blur,” he said.

“But we’re just trying to get a bit of time to get through this and get back into normal life.”

“There’s a lot of stuff that needs to be done to be able to reopen.

There’s a few other places that are closing as well.”

The 4th Ave delicates opened in February last year and has been described as a “fantastic place” by customers.

The 561-seat restaurant has been named one of the “Top 20 best dining experiences” in New South Wales by the ABC.

It has also been praised by its restaurant critic and an Adelaide Magazine reviewer.

It closed on June 28, 2018 and was due to reopen the following week.

Mac Kay said the restaurant had been “buzzed” about the incident and was hoping to reopen soon.

“I don’t think it’s ever been something we’ve had that was a critical incident,” he explained.

“There was an inspection and a structural issue with the roof.

It took five months, but they’re getting it fixed.”

The menu will be similar to the one it had when it opened, with a focus on regional favourites and local favourites.

Mac is looking forward the chance to get “back in touch with our local market”.

“There is a little more than we were expecting to have,” he added.

“The regional dishes will be a lot more of what we’re used to.”