The Uruguayan giants have won their last two World Cup titles and will now be part of the 2019 edition, which is scheduled for March 27-30 in Argentina.
The squad has also confirmed a host of other fixtures ahead of the tournament.
“We are delighted to be part, and will make a big effort to celebrate the success we have achieved,” Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu said.
“This is the beginning of a new chapter for the Club.
We will build a team and we will try to make history in 2019.”
The Barcelona squad has already undergone a massive makeover.
Former Barça star Gerard Pique has been named the club’s first-choice keeper in the squad and his former team-mate Lionel Messi will join him in goal.
Barça have already announced a squad of 23 players and will start their campaign with a friendly against Espanyol on March 30.
Ahead of the fixture, Bartomeu had said the team had already made progress in the rebuilding process following the departure of Neymar.
“I’m very pleased to announce that we have taken the step of naming the squad as a Grande Estella.
This is the team we are aiming for and we are confident we can achieve that,” he said.
Barca’s last two European Championships have been won by Barcelona, while their first European Cup triumph came in 2010.
This is Barça’s third consecutive world cup final appearance, and it will be the first time the club has qualified for two finals in succession.
They were beaten by Colombia in the final of the 2010 tournament, while in 2008 they were knocked out of the competition by the hosts Brazil.
There have been no silverware since their last World Cup triumph in 1997, when they reached the quarter-finals and lost to France.